Ah the Parents Television Council...Further pushing to screw things up for everyone else because people refuse to man the fuck up and be parents.
This organization attacks anything media-related that is:
5. Not Kid-Friendly
9. Natural Human Behavior
Here's their issue with video games for example: [link]
First, I will say that when I was in elementary school all of the kids including myself played violent games like Quake, Doom, Conker, Duke Nukem, etc. Yes, there was plenty of violent and inappropriate content in there but did any of us turn into psychotic criminals? Uh, no. I've been playing violent and inappropriate games my entire damn life and I never got the serious urge to harm masses of people.
The PTC likes to rant about how retailers allow younger children to buy adult-oriented video games as well as rant about other video game issues, but let me say this:
1. Where are the parents in all of this? I doubt that an 11-year-old can simply go to the store on their own without supervision in order to purchase a game, and if so then the parents are probably unfit to begin with. And if the parents are present with the child then they should be able to prevent them from buying the game in the first place.
2. Why attack the video game companies? Game makers shouldn't have to "water down" their material just because of the potential of it getting into the wrong hands. Game ratings are there for a damn reason. Most games are made by adults for adults, and if a kid gets a hold of it somehow then that isn't the company's fault.
3. If you're going to blame anyone, blame the parents. If a young person DOES somehow obtain an inappropriate game then there are no reasons as to why the parents can't step in and remove the game from that child's possession.
4. There ARE parental controls on video game systems btw, in case you didn't know.
5. If someone can't raise and teach their child to know better than the content in video games, then they shouldn't have children at all.
Then there is the PTC's fight against television.
Their advances in that department are no less idiotic.
I read a few reports on their site about their fight against Comedy Central.
COMEDY FUCKING CENTRAL.
What the FUCK do you expect to be on Comedy Central? Elmo and the Adventures of Giggle Bear?
I can understand a little
of their motives and the issues they are trying to solve, but most of the shit they spew out is utterly ridiculous.
The TV problems can be solved simply:
1. Get TV Parental Control
2. Monitor what your children watch
3. Learn how to use the damn remote to change the channel and/or turn off the TV to bad content
4. BE A FUCKING PARENT. STOP BITCHING.
You can't clean up every little profane thing in the world for your precious little angels. Besides, your kids will probably be exposed to it anyway at some point or another in their youth. It's up to you to teach them to know better and to learn right from wrong.
Fav, flame, comment, and use.
Made in PS.